Motor swap question Hull is a xl 1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor swap question Hull is a xl 1200

Has anyone ever done a motor swap into a 1200, I mean anything other than going smaller. If I can’t find a blown xl motor I’d rather invest some money in a 4 stroke I feel it could have a braud range of performance improvements and better fuel mileage. Just any info and or thoughts on this. Would a gp/gpr/fx140 motor fit or should I just stay simple and stock and tune that up a bit?
    1999 xl 1200 limited project.

Re: Motor swap question Hull is a xl 1200

Im dealing with a recently acquired seized motor in a 1200 (01) and I'm thinking about rebuilding it myself. Sending the carbs out and ebay buying what I don't have. We should share notes on the projects, esp. Where you get your parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty199m View Post
      Has anyone ever done a motor swap into a 1200, I mean anything other than going smaller. If I can’t find a blown xl motor I’d rather invest some money in a 4 stroke I feel it could have a braud range of performance improvements and better fuel mileage. Just any info and or thoughts on this. Would a gp/gpr/fx140 motor fit or should I just stay simple and stock and tune that up a bit?
      You can fit a fx140 or fxho in the hull , but you will need all the wiring, ecu, exhaust from a 4 stroke wave runner. That would make it pretty expensive. I think that only makes sense if you find a functioning 4 stroke ski with a damaged hull for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by MNwildFLA View Post
        Im dealing with a recently acquired seized motor in a 1200 (01) and I'm thinking about rebuilding it myself. Sending the carbs out and ebay buying what I don't have. We should share notes on the projects, esp. Where you get your parts.
        All I have is the hull and electronics and pump, I’d like to get a seized motor and rebuild it.
        1999 xl 1200 limited project.

Comment

Working...
        X