Electronic trouble ECU, injectors,pulser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic trouble ECU, injectors,pulser

I bought a 2005 fx cruiser with 70 hours. It would start and run, but after about 30 seconds would quit. If I continue to try it would run shorter until it just wouldn't run anymore. Onboard diag gave a code for signal transfer which what I determined meant either harness or ECU. A new ECU is $1300. I found a company you can ship it to and they'll repair it. Got it back and it ran great! Took camping for a week and ran it all week, had a blast! Next trip to the lake went to start and it coughed and wouldn't start. Finally got it started and it had a misfire. Checked the ignition signal wire from ECU cyl 2 and dead so sent it back off. Got it back put it in ran good. Took to the dealer to run diagnostics. He pulled codes for TPS, water temp, air temp, and pulser coil. He said bad pulser coil. Got it home and thought it ran funny. Checked and misfire again on #1 fuel injector. Any ideas? I can't find info supporting a pulser coil can burn up an ECU. I've been hearing that injectors can but that doesn't sound right either. Thanks for any help!
Working...
X