94 seadoo xp problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 seadoo xp problems

Hi all, so I have a 1994 seadoo xp that has had strange turn of events the past few weekends. A few weeks ago I replaced the exhaust pipe gasket because it was blown and the ski wasn’t running great obviously. Once I replaced that the ski ran awesome and had no problems! The next time I took it out a day later I could tell that rpms were fluctuating. Not a lot but enough to notice and after doing some tricks and getting off for my friend to get on it was very difficult to start.. would kick and die .. had to play with the throttle just to get it started and had to feather it up to WOT to get it to run good.. the ski wasn’t running 100 percent but wasn’t enough to not ride it was still fun.. everytime we had to restart it though it was very very hard to start.. the following weekend when I came back to the cottage the starter was shot so I replaced that and then got it started but it was the same as the weekend before. Hard to start and fluctuated rpms.. bogged at WOT if you punched it right when it started.. this weekend now I took it out and it started dying every 5-10 seconds at WOT. Would have to let go of the throttle to keep it running otherwise would just die.. and now I can’t even get it started at all! I’ve checked the gas tank to make sure of no bugs getting sucked up or anything.. the hoses to the carb are clean and the fuel filter is clean.. rebuilt the carbs last year.. I know it’s possible for bad gas or something to destroy the fuel pumps but they didn’t look too bad when I pulled it and checked and the filters in the carbs were clean. Any suggestions on what else it could be? I have spark and compression and it’s turning over fine.. definitely seems like a fuel problem just can’t pin point it.. thanks anyone for the help :) I’m lost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 94 seadoo xp problems

No suggestions at all? About to go out this weekend to work on it... was hoping for some new ideas to try

Comment

What color is the spark?
      How much compression in each cylinder?
      Does it start if you put a small shot of gasoline in each spark plug hole?

Comment

The spark is blue and the compression is in the 120’s ... I know it’s not ideal compression and could use some top end work but the ski like I said was running pretty good and the compression hasn’t changed drastically.. it should at least start still and run decent with that compression right? I have not tried the shot of gasoline in each cylinder but we have already bypassed the fuel selector valve

Comment

I purchased a sts750 way cheep. the owner advertised carburetor problems. I discovered 2 holes in exhaust jacket. long story short it stoped bogging down. I have a 94xp almost running. up to replacing starter. already finnished a wear ring. then starter. curious about your carburetor issue. It could be my next weak link. Theres nothing like a $300 jet ski project. Heres a shout out for others to help us make it work without paying for advice!!!!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X