94 seadoo xp fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 seadoo xp fuel problem

1994 seadoo xp 657 starts perfect but revs sort of high rpms and once given any gas it will stall or run really junky.. if the choke plate is played with enough the jetski will pick up rpms and run perfect.. I assume I’m running lean on the engine but what should I look to do to start with? I just had the carbs apart and replaced fuel pump and gaskets.. not sure what could be clogged the carb filters are all clean too. Thanks for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 94 seadoo xp fuel problem

Originally posted by Kory48135 View Post
    1994 seadoo xp 657 starts perfect but revs sort of high rpms and once given any gas it will stall or run really junky.. if the choke plate is played with enough the jetski will pick up rpms and run perfect.. I assume I’m running lean on the engine but what should I look to do to start with? I just had the carbs apart and replaced fuel pump and gaskets.. not sure what could be clogged the carb filters are all clean too. Thanks for any suggestions

Do you have to use the choke to get the ski started?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

At first just to get gas there but only used it once now just starts right up when you press the button

Comment

Connected a separate tank of gas directly to the carbs and it did the same thing.. bogged right when touching the throttle so can rule out lines and gas tank

Comment

Are there small filters in each carb? Did you use a sealant when you atached the carbs back down with the gaskets. Your high speed needle and seat are intact?

Comment

No worries someone has the answer. I for one would like to hear you had a perfect day on your project🦋

Comment

There are filters in the carbs yeah but they’re both clean. I did not use sealant on the gaskets but I never had before, yes they’re intact

Comment

Working...
              X