What causes left turn syndrome? 1995 wave venture 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What causes left turn syndrome? 1995 wave venture 700

My 1995 700 wave venture has suffered with the left turn syndrome for as long as I can remember. I wasn't sure if it was getting worse but it was pretty bad the last few years. I ride on a small pond mostly so I usually just make it a point to go in a circle to the right so it didn't bother me much. I thought it was normal. After having this wave runner for over 10years the engine started running bad and I knew something was wrong. I pulled the engine and found one of the crankshaft bearing was bad and metal from the bearing ruined the piston and cylinder. I got a crankshaft with new bearings from SBT and new .50mm oversized pistons. Had it bored out for the new pistons and put it all back together. I also took the carbs all apart and made sure they were clean. I didn't think I saw any problems with the carbs and put all the screws back where they were. I've been riding now with the rebuilt engine and just started going full throttle again after break in, I've noticed I have no left turn syndrome anymore and it seems like it has more power. I know for sure it has more power when turning left, it doesn't slow down at all anymore. So after riding all these years thinking it was normal to have left turn syndrome I am wondering why it is gone now? Maybe my engine was just loosing power from wear and run time? Maybe there was something in the carburators that I didn't see and could it have been running lean and caused my bearing failure? I am still using the oil injection pump.
    Anyone have any ideas why I don't have left turn syndrome anymore? I thought it was normal?

Re: What causes left turn syndrome? 1995 wave venture 700

From Mikuni Owner's manual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	254253

Comment

Re: What causes left turn syndrome? 1995 wave venture 700

Probably was just caused by a worn out engine that gradually lost power over the years.

Comment

Working...
      X