Seadoo 787 Carb rebuild, fails pressure test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seadoo 787 Carb rebuild, fails pressure test

Hi, im in the process of rebuilding my carbs on my spx 787.

the Mag carb will not build any pressure when attempting to perform pop off pressure test.

when i pump up the pressure tester the pressure leaks right back out and if i pump fast i can get it up to about 30psi but the pressure doesn't hold.

i noticed my carb base gasket on the fuel pump side leaks while building pressure and i am thinking this is the issue. i attempted to rebuild with a new gasket kit. i replaced the rubber gasket and diaphragm dampner but it still leaks. is it ok to add a small rtv bead on the edges of the carb to help seal?

My pto carb is fine and pop off is at 43psi and the carb hold pressure no problem.

Re: Seadoo 787 Carb rebuild, fails pressure test

Originally posted by mccool32323 View Post
    Hi, im in the process of rebuilding my carbs on my spx 787.

the Mag carb will not build any pressure when attempting to perform pop off pressure test.

when i pump up the pressure tester the pressure leaks right back out and if i pump fast i can get it up to about 30psi but the pressure doesn't hold.

i noticed my carb base gasket on the fuel pump side leaks while building pressure and i am thinking this is the issue. i attempted to rebuild with a new gasket kit. i replaced the rubber gasket and diaphragm dampner but it still leaks. is it ok to add a small rtv bead on the edges of the carb to help seal?

My pto carb is fine and pop off is at 43psi and the carb hold pressure no problem.

Are you checking pop off while the carb is on the manifold? Don't know how you could leak from the fuel inlet to the base gasket.

Comment

no carb is by its self.

it is very strange. when i pump pressure into the inlet port of the carb and spray the carb with soap. bubbles leak out around the gaskets on the bottom portion of the carb where the rubber gasket and diaphram dampner sits.

the pto side carb works as it should with no issues

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MIKUNI_FP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	254254

the leak is between #6 and #19

Comment

Do not use RTV, it will just get washed by the fuel and plug the carb.
          Try to reseal the o-ring with a light coating of oil. The fuel pump block can be wet sanded with 400 grit paper, put sand paper on a very flat surface and move fuel pump block around in a figure 8 motion. You can also purchase socket head screws to more evenly torque the fuel pump portion.

Comment

Working...
          X