waverunner 1200xlt 2001 power valve not opening and cant go above 6000rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waverunner 1200xlt 2001 power valve not opening and cant go above 6000rpm

Hi, I rebuilt my engine and with all genuine parts from SBT, starts well, idealing is prefect, run in is complete, but I cannot seam to get more then 6000 RPM. I took off the engine cover and rode it and noticed that the power valve is not opening at all, once I switch the engine off then the power valve opens and closes. what could be he issue? thanks

Re: waverunner 1200xlt 2001 power valve not opening and cant go above 6000rpm

Originally posted by chirag View Post
    Hi, I rebuilt my engine and with all genuine parts from SBT, starts well, idealing is prefect, run in is complete, but I cannot seam to get more then 6000 RPM. I took off the engine cover and rode it and noticed that the power valve is not opening at all, once I switch the engine off then the power valve opens and closes. what could be he issue? thanks

Hi anyone out there that can advice me? thanks

Comment

If it cycles when turned off it suggests it is working. If it is not operating while engine is running it is possible that the CDI is not seeing the engines RPM's. Check wire harness between CDI and Servo motor for loose connections, frayed wires, or corrosion.

Comment

thanks, please tell me what is CDI?

Comment

CDI = Capacitor discharge ignition.
          It is the "brain" controlling ignition.

Comment

Working...
          X