91 Seadoo GT battery removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Seadoo GT battery removal

Hello. First post, hope it’s an easy one. I have a 91 seadoo GT, just bought it, my first jetski of any kind. Worked great for a week. Now it won’t start and I’ve drained the battery. So first question: how do I remove the battery? It’s in a white plastic case with no less than 6 leads coming out of it, 2 red and 4 black. Is there a wrong way to do it?

Assuming I get the battery charged and put back, I’ll address the not starting thing next.

Apologies if if I missed a post that addresses this. If so, just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Re: 91 Seadoo GT battery removal

I believe it is just a matter of unbolting the lid, disconnecting the battery and pulling it out.

Comment

Re: 91 Seadoo GT battery removal

Thanks. Turns out the white box I was looking at sat on top of the battery. Battery is now out and charging.

So of course my next question would be why was it dying repeatedly. It started a week ago when it suddenly wouldn’t rev past about a quarter throttle. I pulled the plugs, which seemed somewhat fouled, I replaced them. Still didn’t start. I left it alone for a day, until a warmer afternoon. Started fine, ran fine, I horsed around on the water for about 5 minutes, then died. Started right up, ran fine, died again a minute later. Did this one more time and then wouldn’t start. Had to paddle home. Checked the plugs again, this time they seemed fine, dry and light brown.

Compression is good, 130 on both cylinders. I haven’t touched the carbs yet but they look recently cleaned. Previous owner seems fastidious with maintenance.

Any guesses where I should start? Appreciate your time. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X