2006 Sea Doo GTX 4-TEC Limited will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Sea Doo GTX 4-TEC Limited will not start

Okay I'll try to explain this issue the best I can. I have a '06 Sea Doo GTX 4-TEC Ltd SC. It has a 112 hours. I just serviced it, oil, oil filter, spark plugs, etc... I had disconnected the battery to do the service work.
    When I finished the maintenance I connected the battery cables, red to positive and black to negative. The battery was low so I used my micro jumper, which I have used in the past with no problem, to give it a little boost. I didn't realize it until after I hit the start/stop button that I had the mirco boost cables on backwards. I immediately pulled the the boost cables off and did not see any damage. When I tried to start it again the engine turns over, the starter is working good, but will not start. Here is what I have checked: It has 3/4 tank of fuel, it is getting fuel because I can smell fuel when trying to start it. I checked all the fuses in the MPEM fuse blocks - all are good, used a test light. Checked the two 30 amp fuses in the red starter relay - good, used a test light. Power going to starter, power going to starter relay and power coming out of relay when pressing starter button on handle bars. I have power going to everything, but I don't think there is any power to the spark plugs. Is there a fuse I missed? Could it have deprogrammed the the key? Engine turns over, dash lights up, key beeper beeps. What else is there to check? I would think there would be a fuse link that would protect the module in case something like this happens. I appreciate any help.
Working...
X