Mikuni sbn 44 stock jets vs flame arrestor jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikuni sbn 44 stock jets vs flame arrestor jets

Hey, so I ordered flame arrestors for my 97 1200 and new jets with the specs listed in the high performance section on this site. It calls for 120 main and 100 pilot. Upon disassembly I noticed that my stock main jets are larger. Isn't the idea to increase jet size to compensate for the increased air flow? Confuses me putting smaller main jets in. The pilots i ordered look slightly larger than stock.I read somewhere on here that stock main jet size is 130 or 135.

Thanks alot!

Chris

Re: Mikuni sbn 44 stock jets vs flame arrestor jets

Typically you would need to increase the size of the jets when flame arrestors are installed.
    Stock is is a 135 High.
    I can't find the low jet.
    What high performance section did you get info from, we do not do high performance.

Comment

In the technical forums here there is a high performance section that says for flame arrestors 120 main 100 pilot 2.3 needle & seat & 95g springs. 135 main and 90 pilot are stock with I think 1.5 needle & seat. Supposedly these specs were posted by someone at sbt that had years of experience tuning 1200's.

Comment

http://www.shopsbt.com/forum/t13992/ link to the post

Comment

Wow that post is from 2003. I think I know who that was, but he is long gone, and I do not know where he got that info.

Comment

Working...
          X