2017 Yamaha EX Sport Waverunner Winterization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Yamaha EX Sport Waverunner Winterization

This is my first winter for my pwc. Worried about correctly winterizing it. I flushed the machine out with water utilizing flush hose then ran some RV antifreeze down the flush hose. I also dumped some RV antifreeze into the thermostat connection by removing the hose connection. Is this the correct procedure? Is there something I need to with the water through the exhaust system or anywhere else? Live in northern ohio so it will freeze hard.

Re: 2017 Yamaha EX Sport Waverunner Winterization

You should consult your owners manual.
    Here are the basics that need to be done.

1. Clean Wave Runner inside and out with soap and water (good time to wax it too).
    2. Flush Engine.
    3. Add fuel stabilizer and conditioner to fuel tank and then top off fuel tank with fresh fuel.
    4. Lubricate all cable ends with spray lubricant.
    5. Start engine and spray fogging oil into air intake portion of air box.
    6. You can put the anti-freeze in as you mentioned, but if you get all of the water out it is not necessary.
    7. Spray everything in the engine compartment with a silicone spray or I prefer Fluid Film.

Comment

I've done the other items you mentioned. How do you know I got all the water out of the system?

Comment

Run the engine for 15-20 seconds after the hose is off rev the engine once or twice and then heat and evaporation will take care of the rest.

Comment

Sorry, I've done all the stuff you mentioned as well. Just concerned whether all the water is out of it. How is that verified or is that system designed to not hold water?

Comment

Ok, thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X