Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 STX Speedometer not reading correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 STX Speedometer not reading correctly?

Hello, I am new to the forum section here and this is my first post.
    I have a 1998 STX 1100 that I've recently purchased. I've had to replace the electronic gauge cluster (no display). After replacement with a used one on ebay I discovered the speedometer was not working and stuck on 0 MPH, so I replaced the speed sensor. (also from ebay)
    Using compressed air, I can get it to read in excess of 20 MPH. However on the water it will not display over 6 MPH, when I know I'm at least doing 30. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Re: 100 STX Speedometer not reading correctly?

Check and make sure that it’s spinning freely, and it’s adjusted correctly, the wheel might not be touching the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It does spin freely. Im not aware of any possible adjustments that can be made. It seems the sensor should be moved down to contact the water more when on plane. I feel like it's working properly when at idle or low speeds, but this ski has no trim.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jakber.
        Check and make sure that you get phenq from amazon on discount it’s spinning freely, and it’s adjusted correctly, the wheel might not be touching the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I Also It seems the sensor should be moved down to contact the water more when on plane.
        Last edited by RobinKempf; 05-04-2022, 05:28 AM.

Comment

I actually figured it out. It did need to be moved down, but it only had about 1/8 inch movement. Had a buddy push down on it while I tighten it. New layer of silicon and I'm golden. Thanks for the replies!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X