2006 SeaDoo RXP Will Not Start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 SeaDoo RXP Will Not Start.

I have a 2006 RXP. Battery is fully charged. Went to start it today and all I got was a click coming from the Multi Purpose Electronic Module. Checked all the connections, all connections good. Used a test light and checked the starter relay. There is power going to the starter relay from the battery, but when I hit the start button nothing coming out of the relay going to the starter motor. Any advice, suggestions?
    Thanks

Re: 2006 SeaDoo RXP Will Not Start.

Originally posted by 8kgold69 View Post
    I have a 2006 RXP. Battery is fully charged. Went to start it today and all I got was a click coming from the Multi Purpose Electronic Module. Checked all the connections, all connections good. Used a test light and checked the starter relay. There is power going to the starter relay from the battery, but when I hit the start button nothing coming out of the relay going to the starter motor. Any advice, suggestions?
    Thanks

Put a Multi-meter on it and see what your voltage is. A Test light will go off for even 1 volt. Once you have a volt meter check the voltage on the battery it self. Should be above 12V fully charged about 12.6V. Next check voltage drop on the battery should go down but not past 10.5V while cranking. If your battery voltage checks out jump power to the control side of the relay (small wires). If it still doesn't crank over Replace relay. If it does crank you have a problem with your MPEM controlling the relay.

Comment

Re: 2006 SeaDoo RXP Will Not Start.

Okay I'll try that. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
      X