'97 exciter 220 with no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '97 exciter 220 with no spark

ok, i have been fighting this problem for about 6 months now. here is the breakdown

-starboard engine tuns over but has no spark
    -port engine runs and starts perfectly
    -no spark on all plugs (verified with a spark tester i bought too)
    -switched wiring harness with port and still no spark (i rewired the entire boat to remove any electrical issues elsewhere)

i was luck enough to find a complete crank case cover with ecu and all (was told that was like finding a unicorn in a haystack) i put the new cover on and the boat popped right off, ran it for about 4 hours and then.. engine dies and back to no spark.

the previous owner had it converted to one larger battery and i suspect that may have blown up the starboard ecu and have just changed it over.

i have the repair manual, but don't know electronics well enough to test the ecu :/

if anyone has any idea, i am at the end of my rope on this one. i live in clearwater florida and would be willing to pay for someone to come have a look or i can even drop off the spare crank case cover i have and troubleshoot it in their shop or something.

thanks,
    Neil

Re: '97 exciter 220 with no spark

every single safety cutoff has been temporarily bypassed (able to verify by switching the wiring harnesses at the motor

Comment

Whenever I had an older Yamaha with no spark, I'd start with unplugging the temp sensor on the exhaust. It was usually a pink wire.

Comment

Originally posted by temp86 View Post
        Whenever I had an older Yamaha with no spark, I'd start with unplugging the temp sensor on the exhaust. It was usually a pink wire.

just tried that and same thing :/

thanks though, i just ordered a complete flywheel cover and ecu and all for $250. it will be here next week and we'll see how this goes

Comment

Working...
        X