Yamaha Waverunner 2002 XL700 Fuel to Oil ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Waverunner 2002 XL700 Fuel to Oil ratio

I just acquired a Yamaha Waverunner, 2002 XL700. Sometimes it runs good, sometimes it bogs down. A little about this machine....It has a single carburetor and the oil pump was removed and the fuel mixture (as I was told) is 50:1. I am trying to find out if..... 1.)That is the correct mixture...2.) Would it be beneficial to go back to the oil pump and refrain from remix...3.) is the carb set up properly? I have not found an information on a single carburetor waverunner. I do remove the spark plug and there is evidence of oil on them. Not sure if that is normal for a 2 stroke. I have found the information on setting the carb to factory settings, but before I do that I want to make sure the fuel/oil is correct. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Yamaha Waverunner 2002 XL700 Fuel to Oil ratio

Originally posted by msapanara View Post
    I just acquired a Yamaha Waverunner, 2002 XL700. Sometimes it runs good, sometimes it bogs down. A little about this machine....It has a single carburetor and the oil pump was removed and the fuel mixture (as I was told) is 50:1. I am trying to find out if..... 1.)That is the correct mixture...2.) Would it be beneficial to go back to the oil pump and refrain from remix...3.) is the carb set up properly? I have not found an information on a single carburetor waverunner. I do remove the spark plug and there is evidence of oil on them. Not sure if that is normal for a 2 stroke. I have found the information on setting the carb to factory settings, but before I do that I want to make sure the fuel/oil is correct. Any info would be appreciated.
    Update: Found out through some intensive investigation that this ski (Its a 2000, not a 2002) was modified by Riva Racing with a single BN44 carburetor. So now i just have to find out how to set that carb up properly.

Comment

Re: Yamaha Waverunner 2002 XL700 Fuel to Oil ratio

Originally posted by msapanara View Post
      Update: Found out through some intensive investigation that this ski (Its a 2000, not a 2002) was modified by Riva Racing with a single BN44 carburetor. So now i just have to find out how to set that carb up properly.
      Second update: Instead of figuring out what the jets would be and the Hi/Lo needle valve factory settings, I went ahead and bought a new BN-44-40 carb from Summit Racing for under $200. I tried to contact Riva but with no success. Installed it in 5 minutes and the ski works like its brand new. So I figured, considering i never got any responses, that the fuel/oil mixture is correct. Spent all weekend on it and it runs like a champ. Happy Skiing!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X