1999 GTX RFI Fouling PTO Plug In an odd way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 GTX RFI Fouling PTO Plug In an odd way

Well, after reading many many other threads with people having kinda close problems to mine, I figure I'll state my case.

So this engine has 7 hours on it so far and 7 sets of plugs. Since 0 hours it fouls the rear plug. I'll get 15 minute sometimes 30 minutes before it eats a plug. The only time i got 1.5 hours is when the lake was 61f, not sure if that was just luck.

I have changed the coil, Swapped the injectors, had injectors flowed and tested result = injectors perfect, had TPS reset, replaced APS as the engine light came on and code showed bad APS. Always the same result PTO plug fouled.

With new plugs it will hit 54 mph, and hauls ***, until it starts its downward spiral of eating that plug, then starts losing power, cuts out at higher RPM as it gets worse until fouling reaches critical mass then the usual 3000rpm and sounds like a diesel till i get to shore and change the plug, then it rips again. It seems to happen a whole lot faster if the machine comes out of the water in wake and hits the limiter for any length of time more than a couple times. However it will do it on dead calm water. Also say I have ran around for 5 or 10 minutes and its running good and i stop it to load/unload people, when i go to restart i have to have it wide open throttle to start it up.

This is after 5 minutes of running, I had just put these in as it had just fouled PTO plug. These are iridium, but it fouls the br8es just the same..

Working...
X