Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, 38 Mikunis, checking pop-off pressure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, 38 Mikunis, checking pop-off pressure....

So I setup a tool to check my pop off pressure. I have the 38 Mikunis off my 95 Waveraider deluxe 700. My pressure is popping off at 29psi on the carb with pump. When I try to test the front crab without pump, my pressure goes pass 30 which is max on my gauge. Soon as I let off pumping air, it drops pressure immediately. So I’m around 50ish psi and the carb isn’t doing anything. I had WD-40 on the needle/Seat. No bobbles, etc.. I’m using an old spring, new spring. Is there something clogged up inside carb?

Also, I’m not sure if all my front carb without fuel pump just has o-ring and cover or there is a rubber sheet over the o-ring on the carb.
    Last edited by Paisrene; 05-26-2020, 01:48 AM.

Re: Help, 38 Mikunis, checking pop-off pressure....

You should take the seat out and clean it thoroughly with acetone or carb cleaner, sometimes residue from old gas can make the needle stick to it. Also inspect the rubber tip of the needle closely for wear, it should have a sharp pointed tip with no horizontal lines across it.

Comment

Re: Help, 38 Mikunis, checking pop-off pressure....

Originally posted by SBT*Tech View Post
      You should take the seat out and clean it thoroughly with acetone or carb cleaner, sometimes residue from old gas can make the needle stick to it. Also inspect the rubber tip of the needle closely for wear, it should have a sharp pointed tip with no horizontal lines across it.
      I think it does have a deformed point. I soaked needle/seat in acetone. I just thought it was weird I can’t hold any pressure without the needle bleeding by.

Comment

Working...
      X