2007 seadoo boat voltage regulator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 seadoo boat voltage regulator question

I have a 2007 seadoo speedster 200 boat. it has the dual 4 tech 215 hp engs. I'm having trouble with the charging system. Ive replaced the regulators with the factory style 30 amp models. They went out again so Im looking for the root cause. When I bought the boat used it had dual 1000 CCA batteries and I'm wondering if I need to put the stock 400 CCA batteries back in. Thoughts anyone?? btw stators are still good and putting out 28 volts.

Re: 2007 seadoo boat voltage regulator question

Originally posted by zcraigs View Post
    I have a 2007 seadoo speedster 200 boat. it has the dual 4 tech 215 hp engs. I'm having trouble with the charging system. Ive replaced the regulators with the factory style 30 amp models. They went out again so Im looking for the root cause. When I bought the boat used it had dual 1000 CCA batteries and I'm wondering if I need to put the stock 400 CCA batteries back in. Thoughts anyone?? btw stators are still good and putting out 28 volts.
    8/24/2020, I'm a little disappointed in the no help here. Anyway, Thru some research and testing with my girlfriends 2019 Seadoo 130 I figured out that the stator voltage and resistance is similar to my 2007 boat with the 215 hp engs. The regulator in her jet ski is rated at 35 amps (vice 30 amps) and has bigger cooling fins. Its also mounted next to the eng while mine were mounted in the air box to get cooler air flow over them. The connectors are also larger and should carry the current better. The charging fuses in both systems are 30 amps. I decided to try the newer seadoo regulators. I replaced the connectors on my wiring harness too. I also installed voltage and amp gauges to monitor things. On start up I was pulling 30 amps but it settled down to about 20 in a minute of running on trailer. Voltage was 13.2 which is still a bit low. I will water test this week. So one question remains is the dual 1000cc batteries too much of a load??? The Seadoo dealer can't even tell me what the correct battery is. For the jet ski the correct battery is anywhere from a 250 to 400cc battery. So considering I have the same charging system I'm assuming I should be using similar CC batteries in my boat. Any thoughts?? I bought the Regulators from SBT since they were half the dealer cost!

Comment

Working...
    X