Remanufactured engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remanufactured engine

I have a 2002 Honda turbo model I purchased this summer. I has been burn oil like crazy. A quart to 8 gallons of gas. It had an SBT sticker on the head and all the paint markings on different bolts for tamper proof on head, bock, timing tensioner.
    I tore it down yesterday and found a skirt broken off #4 piston and the 20mm tub sleeve missing off the upper oil cooler. Cylinders look good with the bearing. Some parts went through the oil pump. The ski ran good with no loss of power. I really don't think all the oil loss was do to the piston.
    It has SBT Standard pistons in it.
    Here is the plan: Buy one new piston from SBT, Buy all new Honda rings. New oil pump assembly and a gasket kit with new sleeve, new screen in oil pan to replace the broken one.

Re: Remanufactured engine

Already in to deep on this piece of ****, I replace the ECM this summer, Rebuild the Head because I was hoping the valve seals were the issue and found the block and head not flat, cylinders were bleeding between each other. Lapped them in and it worked perfect. I happed to have a lapping plate and surface plate just the right size.

Comment

Re: Remanufactured engine

Click image for larger version

Name:	piston.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	875.6 KB
ID:	254271

Comment

Working...
      X