No announcement yet.

I'm bald now!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i'll make it simple.......will an over oiled engine have these symptoms.

Cause i have had the thing WOT, this is sporadic. If the needles and seats were leaking, wouldn't it do this crap all the time, or no?

Comment

DO not run your lows below 1 turn or you will lean it out. Oil will never protect against a lean mixture.

Yes too much oil or improperly mixed oil/gas will cause that. How exactly did you mix it?

Did you actually test the N&S's?
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

well tech, as i have explained before.....the carbs were recently rebiult and the N&S'S were also replaced, the carbs have about 10 hours since the rebuild....and test, didn't know you had to? Thought just the pop off has to be set.

Yes, i premixed it wrong.....for 1, i added oil directley to the tank, shook the ski. Put more gas in, but that was mixed right......anyways 1/2 tank and i used 95% of the break in oil, plus i'm still runnin the oil pump.

I think it's over oiled, just wanna get your opinion.

Comment

Sorry, you keep starting new threads and I don't remember all your details.

I would agree it's possible you are way over oiled, especially if you mixed the redneck way of dumping it into the tank! Get hand pump, suck everything out of your tank, clear the lines and carbs by blowing through your return line, and put straight gas in the tank.

You cannot do any tuning on a heavy oil mix.

Comment

lol, i like that...the redkneck way, lmao.

I figured as much, just wanted to be sure before i dumped another 200.00 into it for nothing.

Thanks tech, and sorry.....couldn't find my other thread for some reason.

Comment

Tech,

I got the tank drained and lines cleared. Anyways, i went out to start it today and once again,(Brand new fuel selector valve) was leaking on the outside of the hull....it's pealing my **** stickers. What i don't get is the valve was in the off posistion.

I see no signs of leaking in the inside of the hull. It sticks through the hull, and there appears to be a little valve inside by where the knob screws on.

Am i suppose to do anything special when installing this thing, or did i once again get another crappy seadoo part(already had to return my new oil pump).

Comment

I can't imagine a new switch leaking like that, especially since you had the same symptoms - look at your lines, anythign around the area - something is being overlooked.

Comment

Thanks, i'll double check, but it is only on the outside......i took it back off and the rubber gasket was dry and free of gas. Think i just need to get rid of this headache.

Comment

I have never gotten a bad selector valve or oil pump in 15 years of buying hundreds of parts from SD. Thank god you get them all and I don't.
                    Bill O'Neal <br>
                    WCM
                    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Tech, looked again, no signs of leakage.

Few ?s. I noticed i do not get the hissing sound of pressure now when i unscrew the fuel cap....could i have a blockage, cause i just cleared the lines from the fuel bowl and carb. Do i need to yank the seat and get to those lines on top of the tank?

I'm just a little stumped here

Comment

You'll only get a pressurized tank from running it a while, especially the lower the tank gets.

Comment

Ok, then another ?. Thats the only time it leaks fuel out the selector valve, after i run it. Could the relief valve be bad, causing it to biuld up and push it out the wrong way...or possible blockage somewhere else?

Thanks

Comment

Why don't you try pressurizing the line that the tank relief valve is connected to and see if it pops off at around 1.5 lbs or so.

It is the line that goes to the side of the boat under the bumper.
                            Bill O'Neal <br>
                            WCM
                            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

ok Bill, one last ?. that line goes from the side bumper, then tees off to the tank and to a valve under the seat outside the hull.....am i suppose to be able to suck or push fuel from the side bumper side, cause i can suck fuel out.

Comment

Fuel out that line, air in the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X