Is this a stock legal 951 port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a stock legal 951 port?

Thomas I am not an tech expert, but I did see many people dq'd last year for any grind marks. The stock class is insane for tech. I would email your question directly to Lee Bower of the IJSBA for clarification and approval. Get it in writing if they allow it. So much effort to come and race at Havasu to let this affect you. I do know that one of the ways they check for stock cylinders is the lip between the aluminum and the cylinder, which is probably what your mechanic removed. Good luck and I applaud you on your concern to be correct. That's the way to win with class.

Your clyinder is "ported", Period. It will not pass a technical inspection for the stock or limited class.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Here is a link to photos of my 951 exhaust port(Album=Seadoo 951). The machinist took it upon himself to use a dremel tool to smooth the cylinder port to the sleeve port. You can see the dremel marks just outside the edge of the sleeve. Since I'm racing in the Stock class at havasu, do I need to throw my other cylinders on?
      web page

[ September 24, 2003, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: thomas ]

Comment

Yea, it would suck to get there and do good just to be DQ'd. Anyway, that's what I figured. Crap.

Comment

Working...
        X