Oil pump alignment pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pump alignment pics

For those that have asked, here are the two lines to align at idle, for older Sea-Doo oil pumps:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Technical Support; 07-12-2004, 01:36 PM.

wow. thanks!! i can't see the like on the pump housing on mine, but that picture helps a ton!

Thanks!
    -bryan
    http://www.geocities.com/tbduke/
    Bryan Duke<BR>http://www.geocities.com/tbduke

Comment

So Mikuni makes the Oil Pumps too !?

I need a block off kit, does the SBT kit come with the gasket ?

How do you deal with the Oil jets in the RV Cover ?

David
      DAVID_HX_XP_RX-DI

Comment

Yes, Mikuni makes all the pumps. Yes we sell kits for $15. You don't need gaskets with the kits - for those few pumps that use an o-ring, you transfer the o-ring to the plate. For those that are flat you just use a small bead of your favorite sealant. The kits include rubber caps for the injection fittings.

Comment

Any marks on the XP 800 motor oil pump(on front of flywheel cover)??

Comment

Yes, they all have marks.

Comment

do i have to re-align, if I didn't make any adjustments to the linkage from before engine installation?

Comment

No.

Comment

i have a 96 gsx ..can you show me a picture of how the lines on the oil pump should lined up and how to do it or sea do it ...ha ha ..thank-you

Comment

With the throttle cable properly adjusted, and the idle speed properly set, adjust the oil cable so the two lines shown above line up with the throttle at idle.

Comment

my oil pump does not look like the one in the picture...and i was told to check at wot...i also don't see any lines even when looking up close...thank you again

Comment

I think whomever told you to check it at WOT was confused. You check the FLOW at WOT, but you set the alingment at idle.

There are lines there - if you can't see them it's just too dirty or you just aren't looking hard enough. I'll post pics of an 800 for you tommarow.

Comment

thanks again ...i promise i looked as hard as i could! i even pulled it of and looked reeeeeeaaaaal close..mabeye my marks wore off..thank you again for the up coming pics! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

ok so this picture here. when the oil pump is mounted on, where are these twol lines. on one of the side, underneath or on top? and can i see them while the carbs are still atatched or do i gotta take it all apert to see em? I noticed when i take out the plugs on my doo, they are covered in more oil than anything else, so i was jsut wondering if it is beacsue these two lines aren't lined up or if it is normal? They are covered with what seems a mixtures of gas and oil, but really balck like there is toooo much oil in em. but i dunno. Thanks

Comment

When mounted, it will look just like you see it! You will probably need a mirror and flashlight.

Comment

Working...
                              X