Hot water Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water Leak

not even going to do a search on this one..
    97 XP 800.
    New SBT Longblock.

on initial start up / warm up. I have a warm water leak appears to be below the rave on the mag cyl. not easy to see, but I am sure that is where the problem is at.. cannot trace any water coming off of the exhaust manifold

I did check the rave housing for tourqe (without a torque wrench).. and it is snug, I am sure plenty..

what to do now.. Tech please chime in.

edit for spelling

[ July 01, 2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Cheekster ]

There is no water going through the RAVEs, I suspect you have a bad seal at the exhaust manifold or a crack in the manifold.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

actually, I was hoping that would be your response.. I did not remeber if there was cyl coolant in that area..

Off comes the manifold.

I will not be able to inspect it tonight..

Comment

you have a bad seal at the exhaust manifold
        I got 2 new gaskets from the dealer for the exhaust manifold.. seems they are a little different construction than the ones I got in the kit, SD are more than a paper gasket..

Tested it in the yard.. looks goooood to go. Off to the lake to try again.

Thanks Tech.. I do appreciate that there is someone online to answer questions.. Your response was @ 11:45 PM.. I did not want to go to bed thinking about cracked cylinder issues..

Comment

We have 15,000+ of those gaskets in use, there is no issue with the material. Did you coat them with Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket as instructed in the Install guide?
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X