98GTXLTD Hull Filled With Water Ran Ba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98GTXLTD Hull Filled With Water Ran Ba

Well i was jumping some waves for about an hour or so riding it pretty hard (which i usually do) Seemed like it lost power on my last jump...It still ran enough to bring me the 5 mins back to shore even though when i hit the throttle it ran real choppy gave me about 5MPH thats all it had...seemed like only one piston was running or something else went on it....It was smokin a little more than usual.....Got it back to shore took off the seat and there was water all the way up to the battery..The whole campartment was filled witin an Inch of the Intake's... I didnt try to start it yet since it just happened i pulled the plugs they were both slimy with a grayish tint (not like my usual dark black with oil drops on it) I am sure this enegine took in some water since the water was so high...

Now should i worry about draining and or checking the engine before i try to start it to troubleshoot? I wonder why the bildge pumps didnt evacuate the water? Anyone else have this problem before?

Also the rave valve closest to the front of the ski has a small tube on it this tube was leakin a black goey oil from it (which never happened before)

Hmm dont know where to start now..will probably try to start it this week sometimes after i get someinput or ill have to take it in (OUCH!! )

98 gtx limited
    85 hours on it

Iam curious if you know of anyone out there that you can recommend for service or to install one of your engines if i need one...

Thanks for your input!

Pete

-----
    ReefCamera
    www.reefcamera.com

Pete,
    Take it in today and get a mechanic to get it running or by tomorrow you will need to buy a motor.
    You simply cannot leave water inside of an engine.
    You must get this motor running right away.

The grey gooey stuff is water mixed with oil. Your motor has so much inside of it that it pushed it up the rave solenoid tubes to the rave valves. Be sure to point that out to the mechanic.

The bilge siphons are not there for major water intake into the hull, as they are just siphons, not pumps. You may have a water problem with the driveshaft seal or you may be missing a siphon tube inside of you venturi nozzel.

I would not be at all surprized if you need a new motor.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Thanks for the great information!

I started it today on a hose...Did some checkin and it was the driveline seal it popped out of the boot the clamp let go. I reattached it filled it with grease (hopefully this takes care of the water) As far as the engine it started right up..Seemed to run fairly good ...i did pull the plugs right after this happened replaced with new ones......
      Ill keep my fingers crossed when i take it out in an hour or so iam hoping for the best hopefully all it was was the seal...I guess i will find out soon!

Pete

Comment

Well it was definetly the Seal on the driveshaft...Leaking Bad will replace it shortly!

Did a few spins around the lake took it to 50 no rod out the side [img]smile.gif[/img] Looks like after i replace that seal its back to business!!!

Thanks guys!! Iam sure ill be back for a block one day or another!!!

Comment

Working...
        X