Oil Pump adjustment/alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump adjustment/alignment

On a 787 oil pump, when the engine is at idle, the 2 lines should be lined up correct? Mine are off about 1/8", if I have to pull the throttle a hair they line up. This would me that there is not enough oil mixing with the gas correct?

thanks

Correct.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thanks, will make necessary adjustments. My father's is off too then.

Comment

Not Correct.
        If there is slack in the throttle cable, the mark should be slightly behind the mark on the pump body so that when you pull the throttle lever, the lines cross at the same time the butterflys start to move when the slack in the cable is gone.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

I'm pretty sure I don't have any slack, I even look at my thumb throttle, I can see carbs start to open. Not sure on my father's though. If there is no slack, that would make the oil pump off correct?

Comment

He didn't say anything about slack. If the cable is tentioned properly, I'm correct.

Yes the alignment needs a proper idle speed and slack adjustment.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The service manual describes the proceedure for adjusting the oil pump and it pretty much states what I posted eariler.

To check for slack, move the throttle lever and see how wide the gap is between the throttle lever and the lever housing. If it moves at all without moving the throttle plates, it has slack in the cable, which it should have some slack in the cable.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
              X