1st over bore size and head issue????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st over bore size and head issue????

I just purchased a used R&D rec head and I am in the process of replacing my top end. I was currently running a stock piston and bore and was now going to bore it te next size up, hopefully I will just need a hone. I just want to know if there will be any issues with this head and a bigger bore. Another thing will one size up from std bore, will I need to shave anything off the Raves??? Finally there are some nicks in the head will this have any affect on performance??? Here is a pic

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/boo...c=ph%26.view=t

Thanks Chris
    Factory Pipe Spec 2 <br />愛&D Rec Head<br />意ovi 44XR Carburetors<br />FLY Flame Arrestors<br />感rimer Kit/Premix (40/1)<br />愛+D Aquavein Intake <br />Galindo Grips<br />愛+D 85/88 mm Hydro-force Nozzle<br />惹olas XO (16.5/24) Impeller<br />媲each House Sponsons<br />廈ydro-Turf Mats<br />嫂WD Bow Spray Deflector<br />廉armin Etrex GPS (61.5 MPH)

If you are just going one size larger than you do not have to cut the rave valves. You should have the head machined as the pitting will cause hot spots and affect performance.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X