Case Block-off plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Block-off plates

Does anybody know where to buy the plates for pressure testing a engine??? I know that I could make them with a little sheet metal and rubber. But I am getting lazy in my old age, and just want to get the job done

I am not aware of anybody that sells them
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

http://www.watcon.com/tools2.htm

scroll to the bottom

Comment

That kit gives some general block off parts, but is not custom made for all engines. You are better off cutting your own out of a $10 sheet from Home Depot.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

true it is easy to just cut some for your self but the stuff at home depot(im assuming you mean the red rubber stuff) is meant for plumbing and doesnt hold up well next to petreleum products.

Also it is custom cut to whatever engine you have, basically for a 951 its just a cover for the exhaust manifold and carbs along with a gauge.

I've ended up cutting my own gaskets and using the gauge that came with the kit. Though everything can be made at home, this guy said he didnt want to.

Comment

Just call GroupK, 520 7637600. They have kits for all models.
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Follow up
              Group K will refer you to Watcon. They sold all of there kits to them. At Watcon, they have kits for every type of ski, good prices, and other tools too. They are fast, fair, and helpful.

Comment

I got a sheet of rubber from a plumbers merchants and cut out the shape using gaskets as templates then just used carbs and exhaust manifold to hold them in place. The rubber I got was fairly thick so there was no chance of it ballooning and damaging the carb butterflys.

Smear some grease over the rubber to ensure a good seal.

[ November 12, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Colin GSXL ]

Comment

Just had a look at the Watcon site - some interesting tools but what does a squish tool do?

http://www.watcon.com/tools8.htm

Comment

sea doo sells one designed for their engines...check your service manual for part number.

Comment

Working...
                    X