Vibration w/98 GTX Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration w/98 GTX Limited

I just started up my ski after the winter rest (w/a flush kit). It start fine after a few tries. Then after about 10 minutes of runningi, the ski started a vibrating, hum and growl type of noise. I lowered the idle screw to about 1650 rpms and the problem went away. However, when I rev the throttle, the problem returns. It sounds like the noise could be coming from the prop area.? Any suggestions.

Yes, what you describe is the sound of the carbon seal on the driveline, getting hot and sticking to the seal carrier.

This is the number one reason that you shold run them on the hose for no more than five minutes.

It is normal, you need to raise your idle back up to the correct setting (Sea-Doo says 3000 RPM) I say 2400-2800 RPM.

[ May 16, 2002, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: John Kubiak ]
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Vibration w/98 GTX Limited

After doing a search on this topic i found this so i thought why start a new thread, i to recently pulled my ski out and gave it a run on the hose and had the same noise except not at idle more just after a rev felt the shaft and were the rubber coupling is and noticed it was hot and had a bit of movement up and down which i guess is normal, but never had heard it before does it mean i should look at replacing it anytime soon, skis a 04 xpdi,.
      Cheers

Comment

No, they do it when the seals are good, it sometimes happens on cold carbon seals also, poor a little bit of water and the noise will be gone.

Comment

Cheers thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X