No announcement yet.

93 XP Fuel Guage Problem ??? NOT !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 XP Fuel Guage Problem ??? NOT !!!!!!

I have spent hours searching here on how to solve my fuel guage problem.... i found some great advice, but usually it always came down to BUYING A NEW BAFFLE !!!!!....

1st.... it worked fine last trip....!!!!!

2nd.... then after a long bumpy road trip to a far away lake.....no guage at all.....

(((depressing starter button to power up guage would only read at the bottom of red))) tank had 5+ gallons in it...

3rd.....lots of searching here to find a fix

4th.....went to local Honda--Sea Doo shop to ask to see a baffle up close... $$$ 121.00 for new baffle.....!!! then the shop guy informed me of something !!!!!!!!

HE HAD THE FLOAT FOR SALE SEPERATELY !!!
    Part #275 500 348 $ 9.21

5th ..... i bought it hoping it would work !!!!

6th..... drained gas tank

7th ..... removed all straps and propped oil tank up with bungee cord

8th..... loosened filler and baffle connection to gas tank

9th....performed contortionist move to get tank out of hatch W/O disconnecting any small hoses to baffle....success....!!!!!! [img]graemlins/uts.gif[/img]

10th...pried up plastic at bottom of baffle being careful not to trash it .....

11th... slid old float out (((NO MAGNET TO BE FOUND ANYWHERE))))

12TH.... slid new float inside baffle and checked to see if it worked in different positions by powering up the guage....

13th... IT WORKED !!!!!!! :D :D :D

14TH ... MADE SURE NO GAS WAS ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND IN GARAGE !!!!!!!!!

15TH... PUT A HOT FLAME TO A SCREWDRIVER ((far away from garage)))AND HOT WELDED BAFFLE BOTTOM back TO BAFFLE..................ZERO glue needed....

16TH.... re installed tank after inspecting it completely((no cracks))...put on straps and connected all hoses to origional positions...

17th... filled gas tank... depressed power up switch...... :D

FOR LESS THAN TEN BUCKS IT IS FIXED !!!!!!

18TH...DRANK MORE BEER [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]

TOTALLY HAPPY THAT I'M NOT PUTTING UP WITH HAVING TO REMOVE MY SEAT TO CHECK THE SLOSH IN THE TANK ANYMORE!!!!!!

very happy to post this here with the hope that someone else will solve their problem with very little effort and little cash !!!!!

LESS THAN 40 MINUTES OF ACTUAL WORK
    mr. no-salt!

glad i could help you cartex !!!!!!!!

Steve..... i have read MANY of your posts and i am convinced that SATAN lives in your Sea-Doo.

Seriously..... Steve,

1.....get your digital OHM meter out

2.....perform all the steps above till you get your baffle out of the tank.

3....connect the OHM meter to the two wires that come out of the baffle at the quick connect.

4 .... by reading OHM's you SHOULD get a reading near ZERO point ZERO at one end of the scale (full or empty) and somewhere near 89.9 of the scale (full or empty)

5.... if by sliding the float in the baffle all the way to both ends, and powering up the guages YOU DO NOT GET THESE READINGS... then i would suggest you get a new baffle. There is a long circuit board in the baffle and perhaps something is blocking your float from getting to the top of the baffle.... OR you have a bad baffle......buy a new one..... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SEEN BOTH OF THE MAGNETS IN THE FLOAT......INSPECT THE FLOAT....FOR YOURS MAY HAVE MORE MAGNETS THAN A 93XP.??? AS MY POST SAYS.... I only needed an new float.

6... perform exorcism on your Sea Doo.... [img]/graemlins/cwm27.gif[/img] anybody who has over 500 posts besides Bill O'neill and his cronies must have several Gremlins having a party with each other in your machine..... [img]graemlins/evild.gif[/img]

Good Luck..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jonny Oxx
    mr. no-salt!

Comment

That sounds great! I have the same problem with my 94 XP! I thought I would need the whole baffle! I am going try your method. I'll repost when completed!

Comment

I have a 97 XP and it always reads 3/4 tank when it's full, but the gauge moves when i start using gas.......whats up with that?

It never reads full.....baffle?

Comment

Thanks dude.......

And yes, i also believe SATAN has control over this pile of SH**........LOL

I think the next step is to insure it, and either sink it or get the gas and match out....

Any thought on the best one?..........LMAO

Comment

You could have fixed it even cheaper. A carefully bent wire coat hanger would have probably found the magnet in the bottom of your tank.

The gauge never worked on my old XP and when I stripped it I found the filter on the bottom of the baffle had fallen off and the float had dropped out the bottom, presumably when a previous owner had let it run real low on fuel.

Comment

the coat hanger trick is one of the posts i had read about previously. Sounded like a great idea......

BUT.....

i looked everywhere for the magnet that had disappeared. Apparently the magnet was a one inch sliver that was in line vertically, embedded in the old (origional) float that seems to be made of foam of some sort. When i siphoned the tank and then took the tank out, for the life of me, i could not find it anywhere....believe me i looked for it...! But it was no where to be found.((( Gremlins ate it ))) i don't know?????? but there was nothing to be found...my guess is after 11 years it dissolved......???

The new float is made of plastic and has two magnets that look like little bubble batteries the size of peas.....rounded and flat on both ends...

i'm off to another lake trip on friday July 11, 2003 to Lake San Antonio, CA for 5 days...

ten bucks and 40 minutes of my time was worth it......

Jonny Oxx

cheers [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]
              mr. no-salt!

Comment

i just got back from riding at Lake San Antonio CA, for the last 5 days. Yes the gas guage works perfectly. 105 degrees in the hot dry sun and i'm burnt to a crisp. Absolutely no problems what so ever!

...just thought i'd post this to let people know that my fix really works

[img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img] cheers

Jon
                mr. no-salt!

Comment

Hi jonny, I think I have the same problem.

"(((depressing starter button to power up guage would only read at the bottom of red))) tank had 5+ gallons in it..."

Sounds like a great fix. Any idea where I can get a new float online? I'm not sure my local dealer would know a seadoo if it came up behind him and bit him on the *** . [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img] I couldn't find just the float on HLSM online microfiche.
                  I have a 95' 587
                  Thanks

Comment

That float PN comes back as a bad number, any chance you could checlk it again?
                    Dick Bell
                    http://www.hansenskidoo.com

Comment

Working...
                    X