Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97xp will leak water after shutting down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97xp will leak water after shutting down.

Hi,
    Ok here is the problem. My XP97 with new SBT motor starts and runs pretty good on the hose. I turn off the water and then turn off the engine in like 10 seconds the engine compartment begins to fill up with water. The water is coming out somewhere on the exhaust side on the bottom. Cannot see, but fills up pretty large amount of water. Did this like 5 times and kept getting water inside and I never had this problem before. I'm trying to figure out if it is the base gasket or not. This is a fresh rebuilt motor with only like 15 hours on it.
    Any help would be great, thanks.

The case does not have water jackets, it's not the gaskets.

Do you have the water exit lines out the back of the cylinders connected correctly and clamped?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

yes they are connected propertly and clamped.

let me say this again it leaks only when I shutoff the engine. For some misterius reson it's runs great and I don't see any water comming into the hull when it's water is on and engine is on. Two hoses + T on the back under presure so it's must leak all the time and it's not leaking [img]smile.gif[/img]
      I don't see anything anywhere else....
      and yes I have look on pictures there is no water lines pass thru base gasket.

-p

Comment

I would venture to guess you have a leak in your exhaust pipe or manifold somewhere. The pipe on that engine is about the only place water is able to drain after you blow it out, and leak down into the hull, unless it's not actually by the block, but by the waterbox? Can't you take a flashlight and see where it's trickling out of when it leaks?

Comment

Ok problem found, there is a hair crack on the back of the cylinder, now it the time for warranty claim this is new SBT engine still under warranty. can anybody tell me how it works, do I have to send it back or SBT will send me a new one? what about external gasket kit? this is not my fault that it has crack which been covered with paint.

Comment

It's certainly covered. Call in to Julie and we'll get it swapped. Warranty returns come with new gaskets. 877 330 0231

Comment

Working...
            X