lost speedster flywheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost speedster flywheels

I have a 1994 Speedster model#5890 ID#ZZN07494E494 with type 657X engines nos. 4282928 & 4282831 and a MPEM # 278-000-688. While in the shop for repair the flywheels were inadvertently thrown into a bin of flywheels. The following Nipendenso flywheels (nos. 032-000-8420 & 032-000-7091) were installed but it will not start. I need to know if these are the correct Nipendenso flywheels and if not what are the correct nos. Please do not use Bombardier nos as there aren't any on the wheels. Thanks

If you were to call me at my shop I might be able to help you sort out your flywheels, as I have a few that I marked when I removed them. My phone number is 626 914 9509

I can tell by the numbers that you wrote here, you have two different model flywheels on your motors. But, that, in itself, may or may not be a problem, as SD used some different numbered flywheels with the same magnetos on different year model watercraft engines.
    The problems lie in the fact that some numbers don't work on certain year model 587, 657 and 718 engines, as they are timed about 15 degrees apart for different model magnetos. Looking closely at both flywheels, the differences would be the orientation of the magnets in relation to the keyway. If different, one set of magnets would be about 15 degrees different than the other set of magnets on the other flywheel in relation to where the keyway is cut in the tapered mounting hole.

Why can't you take it back to the dealership or shop that swapped them and have them sort out this problem?

[ May 23, 2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Bill O'Neal ]
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
    X