buying a "new" 2001 gts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a "new" 2001 gts

i have an opportunity to buy a new gts. it is a 2001 year model sea doo that has been sitting in a Sea Doo/ Harley Davidson Cycle Dealership for a couple years. its is the showroom model that they have never sold. My first question is should i go with sea doo. Are Yamahas or Kawasakis better. and i also want to know if the 2001 is still really new. it has no hours but has it been damaged by sitting for so long. this thing has spent its whole life on a showroom floor. by the time i go to buy it the 2003 year models will be out. they are asking $5000 but i think by May i will be able to get it for $4000 cash. is this a good deal. thanks.

$5000? Even if it's in a showroom it's whole life, it's starting to get old [img]smile.gif[/img] with colder weather coming, jetskis arent really in season. Kelly Blue book says that boat should retail for $4720.

ehh.. i'd offer him no more than $4000, especially if it's damaged. What kinda damage? Does it include a trailer?

Comment

No more than $4K for sure... The GTS is no longer being made (Not really - it is called GTI now but the GTS model name is cancelled). I can only imagine the damage you speak of is Body damage - dings and scrapes, hopefully it is not the motor.

It is a pretty stripped down boat, not alot of frills... High 40's is the top speed.

Steve

Comment

im sorry i might have been misunderstood. I did not say it has been damaged. I wanted to know if is damaged by sitting there for so long. Is the engine damaged from sitting so long? and the showroom is climate controlled. it has not been in extreme heat or cold. just about 74 degrees year round. there are no scratches or anything like that. i was just worried about internal damage.

[ October 07, 2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: 94 seadoo sp ]

Comment

No damage should/will occur from a motor sitting for years on the showroom floor... unless people have been tweaking with it. If it has been untouched and just sitting there underneath the seat you should have no probs whatsoever.

enjoy
          steve

Comment

thank you. i just needed to know if i am buying an aging ski, eventhough it has not been used. thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
            X