Engine alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine alignment

I removed my engine and pump for repair and now I need to install both of them again. My question is do I need to align the engine with the special alignment tool? I called some shops and their minimum is about $85 just to align the engine. Do i really need this? Thanks tech

Only if you have an HX or '97+ XP.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks tech. I have a 96 GTI. I was hoping i wouldn't have to do it, but I saw your video on engine alignment and was a little concerned. Thanks again.

Comment

I think he ment it would be $85 to align a motor in a XP or HX.

You should have your motor re aligned if has been out. It should only take between a half to one hour to do it so check you local labor rate per hour.

You can rent the tool from SBT or buy one from them also. I did and it works great.

If you don't align the engine with the pump then you run the risk of stripping the engine coupler and driveshaft two very expensive parts. I would get it done and not try to save a few dollars.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Why only on an HX or an Xp does the engine have to be realigned???

Comment

NOT TRUE AT ALL.

All models need re-alignment if you removed the motor. Period!

If you expect to have a smooth running ski, without excessive driveline viberations and the heat that those viberations cause in the pto splines. then you must align the motor to the pump.

Pay the $85.00 and be glad it is done right and you didn't have to buy the tool and DIY.
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
            X