"Ashless" Oil Sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ashless" Oil Sticker

I see most people are saying to use low ash oil in SeaDoos with rotary valves. I just noticed the sticker on my 96XP says to use "AshLESS" Why is that?

What sticker is that?

Comment

When I take off the seat, by the oil tank, there is a sticker that says to use "ashless synthetic oil".

Comment

That sticker is incorrect. Sea-Doo has changed their 'official' position on the 800 oil a few times. The last word is, use a low-ash oil, and you don't need to run synthetic - although it will mean less smoke and cleaner RAVE valves, if you do use a synthetic, such as Sea-Doo XPS oil (low-ash).

Sea-Doo isn't the greatest for consistent directions - they frequently have incorrect specs in the service manuals, incorrect instructions int he owners manuals, and incorrect stickers on their skis - such as the dangerous 'which way to flip the ski' stickers - that they later had to try to recall, because they said the opposite direction and caused some skis to flood! [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, that's interesting to know...

Following up on a previous thread I created regarding AMSOil for a 95XP that doesn't really state it's ash content at all - you recommended I not use it - however, my local jet-ski repair guy (who always has a shop floor full of sea-doos and races them professionally) said that it really doesn't make that much difference. He says that he has tons of people using that same AMSOil he sold me and he uses it himself. In fact, he said that SeaDoo's own race team doesn't even use SeaDoo oil in their ski's - they use the AMSOil synthetic's. Now, I don't know if they are riding 95XP's - I don't have RAVE etc... - but clearly I want to make sure I put the right oil in my ski - and with mixed reviews on the whole ash thing I'm a little confused at this point as to what to do. I mean, is it that huge of a deal to use ashless synthetic oil over the low-ash oil in a ski like mine? What's the effect of doing so?

Comment

See this thread.

Comment

Working...
            X