Carb issues 94 XP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb issues 94 XP?

Well I thought everything was running great. I used the ski last Tuesday and then it sat in the water until today, when i fired it up to ride it. I got out on the water and was at WOT and then it seemed to bog down and try to die. I let off the throttle and it idled fine, then it didn't want to go WOT anymore. I found a midway point on the throttle that would go just fine and felt almost as fast as WOT, but if I went passed that point it would bog. I tied it at the dock and reved it with the seat off. It would rev really high (don't know RPM b/c tach doesn't work) then sound almost like a rev limiter and bog down from there. Any ideas as to what is causing this. It was running good when I stopped riding it last Tuesday and now these problems today. If it is my high speed screws the problem is that one of them is stuck and will not turn. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Check your internal carb filters, thats what caused my 96xp to do the same.
    Ohio96XP

Comment

I just installed a carb kit no more than a month ago, and I probably only have 5 hours max on the motor since then. Altough I did disassemble the motor to install a new crank seal after I had done the carbs, would that dislodge enough crap to clog the filters again? Also could I simply clean my existing filters with some carb cleaner and an air hose, or will I need to get new ones?

Just wondering if my problems could be caused by bad fuel, or water in the fuel or something like that. This past weekend I wasn't home and I left the ski in the water and we had some pretty bad storms, so I am sure that it got real shook up. I was just wondering if that could cause my fluids to get water in them, or mixed up, or something like that, or is it going to be an internal problem in the carbs?

The only things that happened between last week when it was running good and today were the bad storm, and i added some fuel and oil before I rode it.

Thanks,
      Kevin

[ July 14, 2003, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: 94 XP-1 ]

Comment

Anybody have other suggestions???

Thanks,
        Kevin

Comment

It definitely sounds like a carb problem, possibly debris, possibly bad fuel.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X