No announcement yet.

Gremlins again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, i have no idea the RPM, since i have yet to get a tach on it.

It jumps up out of the water at takeoff now.....which also, i'm not sure if this was causing problems, but i pulled the front electrical box and the bolt on the coil was loose where them 4 wires go......ran great after that

I'm hitting a steady 55-56 at WOT.

It seemed hotter than usuall though....i'm gonna go through the cooling lines again to make sure i don't have a blockage.....but this rave thing keeps happening.

Hopefully the new assemblys SBT sends me will take care of the problem

But i don't think it overheated, it never beeped

Comment

If you look up to one of my lasts posts, i mentioned it was pushing air out the plug hole....i was sitting out in the lake trying to fix the rave and everytime it rocked i felt air come out the plug hole.

Whats up with that, could i have an airleak somewhere..hole in piston, which that i don't believe cause it seems to run just fine.....any suggestions, cause the other cylinder isn't doing that

Could it be because the valve wasn't attached to the ehaust piston?

Thanks guys

Comment

tech support, did ya ship my parts yet?.....LOL

I thought you said i could ride this thing without that valve working.....took it for a 10 miniute ride, alot of WOT and that cylinder was pretty **** hot....NOTE... the bellow has a hole in it. But believe it or not, i had no mess from that ride.

Any ideas here, this cylinder seems to be getting way to hot, but the buzzer is not going off....

Good low end today, and top end i hit about 51-52....but there was a bit of chop

Comment

oh, and i pulled the 2 hoses off the head and blew through them...free and clear..also the 2 small ones connected to the manifold and pipe...free and clear...........

So why is cylinder heating up more than the other? If anything i am a tad lean on this cylinder, so you would think it would be cooler, right?

Either i'm a retard, or SATAN really does control this boat

Comment

What, do i have every one stumped?

I told you i had gremlins camped out in my hull and having a party and eating all my parts......lol

It's to the point where i have to laugh about it :D ....or i'll burn the thing

Comment

It is common to blow air out of an open sparkplug hole because the exhaust port is uncovered and when the exhaust fitting in the back of the boat gets hit with a wave it sends the air up though the pipe.
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Ok Bill, thats makes sense.

But, whats up with the baking cylinder?....could the un-attached valve be causing it to heat up?

Should i just box the motor up and send it back now?

Cause i can't find the source of that cylinder getting extremly hot

Comment

One last note....when i pulled the exhaust piston out of the bellow, there was gritty crap in it with the oil......i couldn't tell if it was the melted plastic or bits from a melted piston.

I'm still under warranty, i can't pull the head can i tech support?

Comment

my bad........i'm just getting very frustrated with this thing. If you guys had any idea how much money i have invested into a stock ski, you would shi* your pants. I bought a lemon, and it's still a lemon...and the price tag just keeps going up, and i'm stuck with it now.

I'm sure it's not melted piston tech support...i just flipped when i seen that crap in there, and i am sorry for taking it out on you..

I'll install the new rave assemblys and go from there.

Sorry for being an A**

Comment

The gritty crap, was it melted plastic bits or melted piston? Melted piston would explain the hot cylinder.

I'm not trying to be an A**, but i need to get this adressed if i have a seizing piston, cause i am not going to fork out another grand for a motor if my warranty expires.

Can i have permission to yank the head....or should i just wait for the new rave valve assemblys and try them to see if that solves the problem?

Seriousley, i am not trying to be an A**, i am just wacked in the head over this thing.......i have so much money invested, and i am still having problems....i'm going nuts [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Comment

I think you need to chill. How exactly are you determining the cylinder is too hot? The excessive blow by from a valve clearance problem or melted assembly will heat things up - anywhere exhaust gasses pass through, it gets hot real fast. Normally they only go out the exhaust and it's not an issue.

Piston does not look like 'gritty crap'. No don't pull the head, I see no need for it. Install the new assemblies and do a compression test.
                        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

tech support is this too hot....

My pto i put my hand on it and burnt my hand........my mag i could hold it on there all day

Maybe i do need to chill, sorry.....i just think that is way too hot

Comment

I'm gonna do the compression test after the new assemblys come and i put them on.

What psi am i looking for on this ski? And that can range +/- 5 psi on the different cylinders, right?

BTW, sorry for flipping

Thanks tech support

Comment

On a good gauge in good conditions 145-150.
                              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What does it mean when the ski runs better without the load springs in the rave caps?

I got my piston to stay on the valve, of course there is still a tear in the bellow, but the valve is moving now.

I took the mag side cap off and dropped the darn spring in the lake, along with a ratchet and screwdriver [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img] LOL.

Anyways, it ran better after that.

On another note, earlier i was having problems getting max rpm. I messed with the wires on the ignition coil and it stopped.is the rev limiter tied into that? And my trim was also acting up, and it fixed that too.

This thing is an electrical mess, could an electrical problem cause all this?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X