No announcement yet.

Gremlins again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your motor will not perform well with a torn bellows, nor with a rave valve spring at the bottom of the lake.

Yes bad electricals will cause all kinds of weird problems.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

It ran just fine after that Bill, go figure.

Tech support, those assemblys you guys sent me, do they come with the springs?

Or do i have to truck an hour to my dealer for probably a 10.00 little part....LOL. Nothing cheap on this thing

Comment

No, the top caps and springs are external parts, you will need to replace them.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks teck support, i'll take a drive and pick them up.

One last question, i rode it yesterday and now it melted a hole right through the piston and started to melt the red ajuster cap.

Why aren't the gases going out the exhaust....is it that clearance problem?

Am i causing damage, other than the obvious, new spring and cap?

Should i park it?

Comment

WHY were you running it without the parts yet??? YES PARK IT! Sit on your hands! lol

Comment

Because in a previous post i asked you if it would harm anything to ride it without the valve working, and you said no, other than a potential mess.

I assumed you meant oil leaking

Comment

Well you just found your mess - and yes I'll have to be more specific in the future I guess. And no, it won't harm the ENGINE.

Comment

Thanks tech support....

No problem there, if i knew a little more about these engines i probably would have known what you meant.

Thanks [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Comment

Rode it today, and to my amazement it ran fine, go figure again.

Took the spring out and it quit melting my cap....hehehe, hahaha.

Guess my ski liked me today, i didn't have to kick it. :D

Hey, and no oil spewing.....guess it found somewhere else to go....LOL

Comment

Steve,
                      Remember when I said your performance would suffer with a torn bellows?

Well what happened was your rave valve was not retracting because of the faulty bellows. That allows the valve to hang down in the exhaust port. The vlave gets hot and melts the plastic piston.

These motors will not work correctly if the rave valves are not functioning.
                      Bill O'Neal WCM
                      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Bill.

I completley understand what you are saying.

But i am serious when i say it ran just fine...maybe this thing has never been right, and fine to me is the way it has ran since i bought it.

I hit 54-55 on WOT, and it didn't bog at low end either.

Maybe with these new assemblys i will be even more shocked on how it performs.

I'm just saying it runs the way i think it should, cause thats what i'm used to.

Comment

Tech support, i got my parts today [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

It only came with the large springs for the bellows, not the small ones that go on the bottom of the bellow..no biggie though.

But my dealer is not showing a listing for them smaller springs.....wouldn't happen to have a part# would ya?

Comment

Use a small zip tie.

Comment

I tried that on the last one, and it wore a whole through the bellow from the end of the zip tie.

I'll try to find a smaller one, but i don't think they get smaller than what i used.

Thanks

Comment

Tech Support,

I got my new RAVE assemblys back on, but i'm a little concerned about what i seen on the mag valve.

The outer edges were of clean metal, as if they were grinding on the walls, and one side had a chunk of metal out of it...can't tell if it melted or just broke apart.

Should i be concerned about that chunk missing being in my motor? It's not a big chunk.......about a 1/4 inch long, 1/8 wide and maybe 1-2mm deep, hard to say.

Also, i was tuning this thing not knowing this valve was messed up........should i go back to stock setting and start over, or is there no affect?

[ July 21, 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: stevepaulus ]

Comment

Working...
                                X