Tube 1997 Seadoo GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube 1997 Seadoo GS

I found a clear tube about 2 feet long laying underneath my engine underneath the motor mounts. The diameter of this tube is smaller than all the other tubes I can find inside the engine compartment. The diameter of the tube is at most 1/2 of a centimeter. I have no idea where this goes. Both sides of th tube were disconnected. I found some oil in the bottom of the engine compartment as well right before I found this tube. Can anyone help with this??? I do not know if it related to the oil leak or not. The tube did have some oil in it but it was also sitting where the oil found was sitting in the engine compartment.
    Thanks,<br /><br />Ron K

Battery vent tube. One end goes to the battery vent, the other to the vent fitting, I don't recal where it is on that model.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I would assume the battery vent would be somewhere near the battery, however, I do not see anywhere a tube would be placed. Am I looking in the wrong area or is the battery vent in a seperate area than the battery. Also I located the oil leak. There ara two tubes that come from the bottom of the oil tank. One of them goes into the carburator and is a little smaller, the bigger one runs right along with it then goes underneath the carburator and towards the engine, right above the motor mounts. It then connects to something there and is leaking. Is this common? do I just maybe need to tighten the tube or is it possible I need to replace a part? The leak is very small, about 1 ounce per week.
      Thanks,<br /><br />Ron K

Comment

Yes it is a common place for a leak. That is the oil line to the lower rotary valve cavity. To fix the leak, pinch the hose off up the line aways, then remove the clamp and the oil line from the fitting on the case. Snip off 3/4 of an inch of the oil line and re-install it to the fitting. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE CLAMP or it will cut the plastic hose and continue to leak oil. Wipe up the mess in the hull when you finish as about a half quart of oil will drain from the fitting when you remove the hose.
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

The leak is in a tight space and I am going to have to ge some additional tools to fix it. Would it be threating to the engine to operate the machine until I am able to repair the leak. Judging from how small the leak is I would not think so. Also, if anyone can tell me where the battery vent tube goes I would be very grateful. I appreciate all the help I have received and wil appreciate anymore that is received about this reply.
          Thanks,<br /><br />Ron K

Comment

No, most people ride them like that for years.
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
            X