SBT engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT engines

I have just purchased an SBT engine for a Sea Doo 96XP got the motor in a timely manner. I am not sure how much you charged me yet.[*]null

Your invoice tells you exactly what was charged the day you called and ordered the engine and any accessories. Your invoice came with the engine. As far as any core damage charges, we won't know if there are any until we receive your old engine.

Comment

Hey Bryan,

I've read in the past that SBT engines have slightly lower compression versus an OEM motor. Is this true and if so, how is it done? Does SBT use thicker base gasquets to slightly lower the compression to make them more reliable?

I wish your new site the best of luck. Seeing all of the quality content you have provided for us over the past year, I'm sure your new site will do very well. SBT picked the right person to make their rebuild motors very known and thier business even bigger.

Comment

Hi Mike - thanks for coming over!

No, that is absolutely NOT true - we build ALL our engines within OEM spec. Bear in mind, that there are not fixed compression readings for any given motor - it is always a range, even on factory fresh motors. So you may very well see one motor a few Lbs. less than another - be it ours, or a factory new one. That is perfectly alright. We keep records of all our test data for every engine, including compression, and keep a running chart on the wall. Every single engine must be withing the manufacturers specified range.

Comment

Hey Bryan,

Thanks for answering my question and clearing that up. I look forward to visiting your new site for more quality useful content.

Comment

I don't need an engine right now but based on posts on the jetski News group and BIll O's opinions I would buy from SBT if I needed one!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killergpr:
              I have just purchased an SBT engine for a Sea Doo 96XP got the motor in a timely manner. I am not sure how much you charged me yet. <LI>null<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:D At no time does SBT charge you for your core. There is a credit card receipt stapled to the back of your invoice.
              Ericka Buczkowski
              SBT

Comment

Working...
              X