SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories

johnd is offline Showing off on the beach
    From
    Buffalo NY

ever since I installed my sbt 2nd. fuel pump kit on my 93 sl650, the idle speed changes. It won't idle, i adjust it, it cools down and I have to lower the idle back to normal. The cable has slack, and if I disconnect the setup and go back to stock, it's OK. any ideas anyone.

From
    Clearwater, FL

How exactly did you pipe the kit? What cable are you talking about? You don't adjust any cable when installing the new pump...what exactly do you mean 'let it cool down' - describe exactly what happens.

johnd is offline Showing off on the beach
    From
    Buffalo NY

I first thought the throttle cable may not have had the correct slack at the finger trigger, it was not tight. the pump was hooked up as on the kit supplied diagram, front carb using the new pump, back two carbs using the original pump. If I adjust the idle correctly when cold, once the machine is driven for a while, the idle drops so the ski stalls instead of idleing. I raise the idle so it idles, then when the machine cools off totally, the idle is too high. I have the mixture screws (low, all three 1/4 out) high, using the staggered polaris settings) Do I still have to have all 3 high speed carb screws at 3 different settings? everthing is hooked up using the supplied Tee fittings and hoses. Really weird Huh?

From
    Clearwater, FL

Your individual carb setting will be determined by what the engine needs, not by the book. You must fine tune them. See this guide for instructions.

Thread Information