bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bogging

was out at the lake last week, we were towing a skier. But when we went to hit the throttle it would just bog down. If i feathered the throttle and then hit it it would go fine. I was told Im in need to a rebuild on the carbs before i detonate or sieze my engine from running lean. Is this true, anyone? If so I am going to need to know wher ei can pick up a rebuild kit for twin 38's on a 92 gtx 587white. thanks. btw, plugs a a really light brown so I am assunimg im running lean. thanks though

We have the kits (Mikuni SBN) for $35 ea. Rebuild instructions and videos are in the Tech and Videos secitons.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

ok thanks, could you e-mail me on the details on how I would get them sent up to alberta canada and the price of shipping and such. also what does sbn and bn mean?

Comment

SBN is the model of carb you have, and thus the type of kit you need. Call in to order 877 330 0231

Comment

Alright I have rebuilt my carbs and will take it out this weekend to test. I know I have to tune in the carbs by adjusting the screws and know what to look for on my plugs to make decision on whether I am running lean or rich, but I assure you I will be starting rich [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway I know I start on low speed screw at idle and then 1/4 throttle , 1/2 throttle, etc, but when do I worry about the main? At what RPM is the main take effect. Is it only at WOT?

Comment

Idle won't tell you anything.

But 1/2 throttle you are solidly into the main needle.

Comment

Working...
            X