new engine,no fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new engine,no fire

just installed new sbt 657 today,when it was time for the moment of truth,nuttin! trim works gauges work when i try to turn it over i can put my hand on power box and feel a thumpin,ran out of time, will check connections tommorrow,i sanded all my external connection could it be connections inside box!or what!thanks

You're on the right track - just the solenoid while you're in there.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

hooked battery cables up this morning.pushed button and it started turning motor over but still didnt crank after a few minutes of trying same thing in box thump !also on my new engine the pulse fitting on motor is in the front but on my old it was on back do i just get a longer piece of line and run it around to the front? thanks

Comment

The longer line is fine.

Cranking and turning over are the same thing. So it's turning over but not firing? Have you verified you have spark? You may have a bad battery - check the voltage at the battery static and while cranking.

Comment

Rodeney keep working on it. When it fires you will smile showing all your teeth [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]
          <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

Comment

opened box everything looked fine no corrision or nothing.looked perfect sanded anyway. i tried hooking it to car battery nothing! will get back to ya! trhanks brand new battery but it has set for a while dont have charger so i dis connected cables from car battery after starting of course and hook it to my baterand let it run for awhile will see from here .until next time later!

Comment

I thought you said motor was turning over. Are you not getting nothing from starter ????
              <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

Comment

it did a couple of times but then it stoped hope it a bad battery

Comment

well if you can get it turning over . it will fire if getting fuel and spark.

Comment

put battery in hooked cables up jump off car not running,an stillall i get thumping from power box?

Comment

Did you jump the solenoid yet??

Comment

how do you do that?

Comment

See the two posts on the solenoid? Bridge them with a screwdriver. If it cranks ok, you need a new solenoid. If not you need a new starter or have a bad wire. Jump directly to the starter with cables to be sure.

Comment

brand new starter purchased from you guys.first time on ski

Comment

Then you probably need a solenoid or have a bad wire.

Comment

Working...
                              X