97 GSX pump Question??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 GSX pump Question??????

I removed my pump to change the oil and I was wondering if there is a seal that needs to be put inbetween the pump and the hull. When I took it apart I didn't notice any seal or sealent. Should I put a bead of ultra black to be on the safe side???
    Thanks Chris
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Factory Pipe Spec 2 <br />愛&D Rec Head<br />意ovi 44XR Carburetors<br />FLY Flame Arrestors<br />感rimer Kit/Premix (40/1)<br />愛+D Aquavein Intake <br />Galindo Grips<br />愛+D 85/88 mm Hydro-force Nozzle<br />惹olas XO (16.5/24) Impeller<br />媲each House Sponsons<br />廈ydro-Turf Mats<br />嫂WD Bow Spray Deflector<br />廉armin Etrex GPS (61.5 MPH)

The Right Stuff or pure silicone works well.

Comment

Actually... The '97 GSX requires no sealant, as the "B-Surface" on the rear of the craft is a plastc area that is made to accept the jet pump and properly seal without any form of sealer. So, no you do not need any sealer in that area.
      John Kubiak
      Powersports Technical Training Professional
      Las Vegas, Nevada
      Sea-Doo Tech 13736
      PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
      PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
      NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
      Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback.
        Chris [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]
        Factory Pipe Spec 2 <br />愛&D Rec Head<br />意ovi 44XR Carburetors<br />FLY Flame Arrestors<br />感rimer Kit/Premix (40/1)<br />愛+D Aquavein Intake <br />Galindo Grips<br />愛+D 85/88 mm Hydro-force Nozzle<br />惹olas XO (16.5/24) Impeller<br />媲each House Sponsons<br />廈ydro-Turf Mats<br />嫂WD Bow Spray Deflector<br />廉armin Etrex GPS (61.5 MPH)

Comment

Hey Chris

I really like the 97 GSX its a great looking seadoo, I was just wondering what sort of top speed does it have, only cause we have the same engine (rotax 785).

Thanks

Comment

Mine stock was radared at 57.3 mph. Mine is now modified and is running 59-60.5 mph on GPS. I too love the ski, great 2 up and it looks good to,
            Later cHris :D

Comment

Working...
            X