Seadoo, Rave Valves, Fouled Plugs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seadoo, Rave Valves, Fouled Plugs!

I just got a 2000 GTX from a relative. I have put it in the water three times and fouled out two sets of plugs. Today I put in a new set of plugs and while doing so, I broke the hose nipple that is conneceted to the small black box that is mounted to the side of the seadoo and connects a hose to the rave valves. Where is the best place to order a new one from? The Seadoo ran great last year. A family member put a quart of 100% Synthetic Honda HP oil into the resevoir before I knew what he was doing. It is the oil for a two stroke 4 wheeler. Could this be the reason that the plugs are fouling? The boat only has a 140hrs on it. By the way, what is the aforementioned little black box? It appears to be electrical. Does it pull a vacuum? I am very new to seadoos and any help will be appreciated.

The little black box is a solenoid valve for the rave valves. SD sells them at the dealerships parts dept.

Fouling plugs is not normal on a 951 unlees you are above 3500 feet altitude. If he put the oil in the gas tank, it would answer the question. But, if he put it into the oil tank, well then I think you need carb work if the engine compression is at 130 psi or more in both clyinders.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X