New pump pusher assembly install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pump pusher assembly install?

I got a new 2001 pump for my 98 XP Limited with the new wear ring. But I can't figure out how to assemble the three wierd parts that go in the cone. Definately different than my other pump/cone assembly. I have what they call a pusher, spring and slider. Can any one explain this? Where does the spring go?

Install spring onto the slider. The small end of the spring goes over the tab protrusion on the side of the slider. Insert slider and spring into cone. NOTE, align the longer slider tab with the fill hole. Install the pusher into hole in cone placing the flat side in front of the slider tab.
    Install the pump cone with oring onto the pump with the three screws. Do not tighten the screws yet. Insert a pencil through the fill hole and push on the slider tab, hold tab and tighten the screws. Remove the pencil to release the locking mechanism.
    Check if the mechanism is working properly by pushing the tab with the pencil. there should be asome small play in it. If not, redo the whole process until you get it right. Check to see if the impellor spins freely. Add oil.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks, so the spring is perpendicular to the shaft with large end up against outside wall of cone?

Comment

Working...
      X