Rave valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rave valves

What should I look for when inspecting rave valves. These valves are removed from a Sea Doo challenger jet boat.
    The problem I am having is it seems to be starved for fuel at high RPMs.
    One thing I have noticed is at high RPM ,with the air cleaner removed , there is a LOT of fuel being blown out of one carb.
    The rotary valve is in good condition,but Ime not sure of the timing .
    Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

The Rave valves should be clean and move freely. They do not have anything to do with the carb issue you are having. The rotary valve if it is in good condition and does not have any deep scratches or gouges should not cause this problem. The timing is the only thing that would cause this. This is also assuming that you have good rotary valve to rotary vlave cover clearance.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for you r quick reply. I will ck the timing.
      I have 2 rave valves . when i move the valves up and down one valve seems to move a whole lot more air in and out of the small hole . Close inspection of the bellows does not show holes or cracks.
      The large loss of air from one seems to come from the valve guide. Is this normal.
      Thanks.

Comment

All carbs have what most people "think" is excessve blow back, but if the rotary valve drive gear is stripped, it will really have a bunch of blowback. The technical term is "reversion"..... The ignition timing is fixed. That is probably not your problem. I'd be checking the RV timing..........
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
        X