help!!! ran over rope!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!! ran over rope!!!

my buddy ran over the ski rope with my 97 gtx yesterday....it shot through the impeller and shredded the rope. We shut it down immediately and pulled the rest of the rope out by hand in the water. i got on the ski after that and turned it on....it wont move faster than idle!!! even when i floor it, the engine revs all the way but it just wont move!! i took the whole rearend apart and took the impeller out. the only thing i see that looks messed up is that the impeller plates are a little bent up....not too bad, but they are bent. would this bend be enough to cause this problem??? any and all help would be appreciated. thanks.

your impeller must be bent fairly badly, if the ski wont even move, there are shops over there that can repair/straighten it. The only USA one I know of (i'm in Australia) is www.impros.com

Dont forget to check the wear ring clearance also. Not more than 1mm or 40thou. :D

Comment

While you have it out - make sure your driveshaft is not bent at all either.

Comment

what if its not the impeller...like i said, its bent, but not that bad?

Comment

Bent a little to the eye is bad enough - but you may also have stripped some splines.

Comment

Re: help!!! ran over rope!!!

are you absolutely sure all the rope is out because even if a little is left it will cause cavitation

Comment

Working...
            X