98 spx grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 spx grease

Why would the fly wheel guard have grease "flicked" all on the inside? There is also grease "flicked" all around the same place on the bottom of the jetski.

Keep in mind that I replaced a boot which required me to remove the entire drive shaft. The drive shaft is in place; however, per advice from a seadoo technician, the oeitiker clamps were replaced with tie wraps and pulled tight... the ones on the PTO rubber boot.
    Always buy the tow insurance..... or else.

Obviously there is grease, or was grease, seeping out somewhere. Did it appear before or after your repair?

Comment

After. I replaced the rubber boot with a brand new one while I had it off and it does not appear to have any cracks in it... so where o where can this grease be coming from?

Is it possible that the tie wraps aren't keeping it tight enough?

The drive shaft is seated in teh PTO and does not appear to have snuck out.

Comment

If you don't see it coming from around the boot, I'd say it probably came from the zerk fitting. Did you refill it and leave it goobered or something? wipe it all off, and see if it's seeping from the wraps. Maybe you just overfilled it and it seeped out once.

Comment

Do not put too much grease into that zerk fitting. About 3 squirts if new and completely dry will fill it with enough grease to do the job. This fitting should be greased after each outing or every ten hours. Grease flinging from it is totally normal and will probably never go away completely. When you fill it with alot of grease, the grease gets hot (even if you don't overfill it) and it oozes out and gets flung around under the pto driveshaft cover. No big deal to wipe it up now and then. Not something to be too concerned with.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

By the way... what is a zerk fitting and where do I actually find it?

Comment

A Zerk fitting is a little metal fitting that you snap a greeze gun or tube onto, so you can pump grease into it. You will find one on your PTO coupler.

Comment

i put a couple on my grandma's elbows :D :D :D
                cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Comment

Working...
                X