Seadoo engine alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seadoo engine alignment

Your tech guides say that I should take my seadoo to a dealer to align my new SBT engine because of tool requirements. I understand how important it is for proper alignment, but is it really that hard? If so, how can someone get correct tools to do this.
    I ask this because most dealers in the San Diego area won't do the alignment unless they do the work $$$$
    Any help would be appreciated.

Without the specific ($400) tool to do the alingment, it's impossible. Call in and ask Ericka in Sales for a local recomendation - she can probably give you a good name.

Comment

you can use your drive shaft to align it! read the repair manual, it explains how to do it [img]graemlins/oogle.gif[/img]
      cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Comment

No, you can't. Whatever 'repair manual' you are reading, it's #1 not the factory manual, and #2 wrong. Most likely you have a Clymers <shudder>, or some other 3rd party manual.

The problem with trying to use the driveshaft is that it is not held securely level and straight. The special tool is a sliding shaft like the driveshaft, but is held in place with a fake pump assembly with the tight clearances needed to assure a striaght and level shaft to align to.

Comment

STANG I FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE.

Bill ONeal posted: Jul 3 2001 9:17AM
          You can either buy one from SD or make a shaft and use a pump as the guide.

Comment

Working...
          X