speedster plastic carb bypass fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedster plastic carb bypass fitting

I have a 1999 sea doo speedster with mikuni bn 38 dual carb set up. The forward carb has all the fuel intake and return primary connections, then interconnects to the rear carb. The fuel return fitting is a plastic Tee. Unfortunately, while taking the return line off, the nipple broke off in the hose. I'm having a little trouble identifying this part in any of the service manuals. My questions are: what is the part no.?, how do you remove it and install the new one, is there a metal substitute? I'm thinking of removing the plastic fitting, threading the hole for a standard fuel tee fitting as a last resort. This must be a common occurrence.

Thanks for any assistance.

I solved this problem by taking a dremel tool and grinding down the brass insert that was left after the plastic tee was removes, into 1/4 fuel fitting, then attach a short peice of fuel line, then attach a brass tee fuel fitting. Problem solved.

My local dealer informed me that this part is not available, and that I could buy an entire carb with out accesories for about $240.

Comment

Sorry - I missed your first post...although I would have told you to get a used carb - thanks for the tip and update!
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X